Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fantasy live list

One of my friends posted about bands she would have liked to have seen live - had she been born earlier.  Which made me consider the same thing.  Of course, hers was basically a list of punk bands as she was mostly lamenting not having been born at the height of the punk era, but I thought it was worth a ponder based on my own tastes.

  • Kiss (still possible, but come ON),
  • Bob Marley and the Whalers (I just think it would be fun),
  • Boom Crash Opera (did see these guys once in Darwin, but they were so fucking amazing I wish I'd seen them a second time even though Wikipedia tells me they are still together, I'm not sure it'd be the same now we are all pushing 40),
  • ELO (my secret shame),
  • The Tea Party,
  • Abba (hell YES!),
  • Bowie (Thin White Duke era),
  • Queen (sob!),
  • INXS (same reason),
  • Prince before he got all wierd (Sign'o'the Times era would be good)
  • Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour. I used to have a video of that Live in Barcelona. It got played until it literally fell apart.

There's more, but I'll stop there.  I guess I was curious about where this list would take me. 

No comments: